CH2M Environmental Planner - Bellevue,WA in Bellevue, Washington
Support our clients across the U.S. and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As an Environmental Planner you will have the opportunity to play a role in all stages of performing alternatives analyses, researching and writing technical reports for NEPA/SEPA documents, preparing permit applications, and participating in public involvement processes for a variety of transportation projects, including freeway, transit, aviation and other projects. Working with members of our team, you will have the opportunity to grow and learn from highly skilled and experienced members of our team. Assignments are typically well-defined, vary in scope, and are best accomplished by a highly organized, detail-oriented environmental planner with excellent writing skills, practical experience, and working knowledge of NEPA, SEPA and other environmental regulations. During your time with us you will have the ability to research, analyze, and compile data, prepare and review well written environmental documentation and other related materials and successfully coordinate regulatory and permitting issues with internal and regulatory agency staff. You will also serve as environmental task leads and project managers on projects, and coordinate with clients on project environmental issues, interact with the public during the public involvement process and work on project proposals and provide other business development and client relationship support. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelors Degree or higher, in Urban, Regional or Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Biology/Ecology, Landscape Architecture or related field
• 3-6 years of environmental planning experience • Ability to work both individually and as part of a collaborative team contributing to the preparation of environmental documentation for transportation projects, including freeway, transit, and aviation projects, and other infrastructure projects
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) • Ability to inform and direct technical discipline staff • Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with clients
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Understanding and experience preparing environmental documentation for Sound Transit, WSDOT, FHWA, Port of Seattle, King and other Washington Counties
• Proficiency preparing NEPA and SEPA documentation
• Experience with GIS • Experience and comfort handling public involvement, agency coordination, and interfacing with stakeholders and professionals
Join CH2M and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life - changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.