CH2M Junior Level Structural Engineer- Greenville, SC in Greenville, South Carolina
This position primarily performs calculations for structural members of steel, concrete and masonry. The incumbent should have a thorough knowledge of statics, strength of materials and finite element modeling. In addition, they are familiar with complete building/structure systems. Basic design experience in the creation of drawings and reports. Basic knowledge of building codes and standards governing the design of various materials of construction. Works closely with others to carry out assignments and meet project objectives.
• Working knowledge of concepts, principles and theories specific to structural engineering.
• Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
• Familiarity with other design disciplines and project interfaces.
• Familiarity with discipline procedures, guidelines and tools.
• Familiarity with specific design software and finite-element modeling.
• Ability to take daily direction from mid-level and senior engineers.
• Ability to work through routine assigned task independently
• Basic verbal communication, with ability to easily communicate with peers.
• Basic written communication.
• Under some supervision, perform basic calculations for steel, concrete and masonry elements.
• Under some supervision, develop basic design criteria such as gravity loads, wind and seismic.
• Under some supervision, perform calculations related to the lateral stability system.
• Assign task and coordinate with designers.
• Assist with development of deliverables. (drawings, specifications, etc.)
• Assist with gathering field data and performing construction observations.
• Assist checking project submittals.
• Checks calculations in areas of experience for others.
• Travel with mid-level and senior engineers on projects
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• MS graduate in Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis.
• BS in Civil Engineering accepted with previous work experience specific to structural engineering.
• Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam. Engineer in Training.
• 2+ years of relevant experience.
CH2M will not sponsor a work visa such as a H1-B to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.