CH2M Biologist - Irvine, CA in Irvine, California
CH2M is now Jacobs. Support our fast paced, client centric projects in Southern California and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As a Biologist/Ecologist based in our Santa Ana, CA office you will have the opportunity to provide support for exciting energy, transportation, and infrastructure projects in Southern California. You will serve as a key team member, leading and supporting biological surveys, impacts analysis, permitting, and environmental compliance. You will also have the opportunity to conduct vegetation mapping, habitat assessments, impact analysis and preparing survey reports and Biological Assessment. This position requires strong communication skills (written and verbal). If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar discipline
• Requires 3-8 years of progressively responsible work history as a biological consultant
• Experience leading and conducting vegetation mapping, habitat assessments, and focused/protocol surveys for special-status species
• Experience conducting preconstruction clearance surveys and monitoring compliance with applicable State and federal laws, regulations, and management policies and project-specific permit conditions, and managing teams of compliance monitors
• Experience conducting impacts analysis and preparing survey reports, Biological Resources Technical Reports, Biological Assessments, Biological Assessment/Biological Evaluation, and similar documents
• Experience leading or contributing to CEQA/NEPA analysis and permitting pursuant to the federal Endangered Species Act (Section 7/Section 10), California Fish and Game Code (Incidental Take Permits, Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreements), Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plans, Clean Water Act Section 404 and 401, and other State and federal laws, regulations, and management policies
• Ability to foster relationships with large project teams, client, client’s contractors and regulatory agency staff.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and field personnel, while still engaging in regular field work and compliance monitoring
• Ability to travel up to 70% and work in rough terrain and challenging weather conditions
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· Master’s degree is preferred
· Possession of a state [Scientific Collecting/MOU] and/or federal permit [10(a)1(A)] for listed species. Previous approvals as a desert tortoise Authorized Biologist is a plus
· Experience conducting wetland delineations
· OSHA 40-hr HazWoper and OSHA 10-hr Construction Safety Training
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across North America the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
CH2M is now Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.