CH2M GIS Professional - San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
CH2M is now Jacobs. Provide leading geospatial technology and python support for our global environmental solutions clients.
As a GIS Analyst in our San Diego office, you will have the chance to work on a broad range of consulting projects with a focus on supporting our global client base. Working with other members of our team, you’ll help deliver complex technical projects and be passionate about applying GIS technology. During your time with us, you will you will leverage your strong GIS and python skills and collaborate with experts in various disciplines to apply GIS technologies on a variety of projects. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• B.S. Computer Science, Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Land Use Planning, or directly-related discipline with 5-8 years of experience.
• 5 to 8 years of GIS consulting experience.
• Have significant experience with the Esri suite of software, including: o Desktop: ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene o Online: ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal), ArcGIS Server, SDE, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder o Apps: Collector for ArcGIS, Explorer, Survey123
• Strong data management skills including creating, editing, and converting GIS data.
• Strong cartographic and visual design standards to make our products look great for both print and web.
• Experience setting up field teams for mobile data collection using Collector, Survey123 and Trimble GPS equipment.
• Experience creating, publishing, and managing map services.
• Experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle.
• Experience with Python 2.7 and 3.X. • Experience with the following Python libraries: ArcPy, ArcGIS Python API, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, pyodbc
• Can work in a dynamic team environment with scientists, planners, engineers, and technologists. • Develop, train, and mentor Jr. technical staff.
• Develop and implement project plans and work assignments, ensure product quality, on-schedule, and on-budget completion, and safety.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
• Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across North America the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
CH2M is now Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.